simple dinner party...black, pink, gold, succulents

We celebrated the engagement of dear friends recently with a small dinner party at home.  I wanted the table to look really special.  I am loving pink with succulents right now, and teamed up with black and gold it's a scheme that is chic but not to serious.  I love how it turned out.  Scroll down to see how you can create this setting easily and inexpensively at your house.

I recently bought a set of charcoal dinner plates, I just love how the dark colour shows off the food.  These ones were $37 for a set of 12 pieces at Freedom a few weeks ago. 
I already had the plain black table cloth and gold chargers.  I use these chargers all the time, a really good investment many years ago.
I treated myself to new black linen napkins, only $2.50 each at a $2 store which is also where I found the tablecloth.  My only other purchase was a bunch of pink alstroemeria, any soft pink flower would work just as well.  

To set up I picked some succulent stems from the garden and arranged them with a few of the pink flowers in used black glass candle holders. 
Then it's as easy as laying out the gold chargers with a black plate on each one.  Fold each napkin into a neat rectangle and place one on each plate.  Arrange cutlery on top of the napkin.  To easy.

Soft and pretty but still elegant.  Love how it turned out.  Good food, good company and a little bit of prettiness makes the world a wonderful place.

No comments

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.