Dipped basket diy with Annie Sloan chalk paint

So pleased with this quick and easy project with Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan (TM), instant gratification diy at its best.  I was sent a can of Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan (TM) chalk paint to try out, and decided to update Miss E's laundry basket with this years must have dipped look.  The paint absolutely lived up to its reputation, went on very easily with no preparation and only needed one coat and half an hour to dry before it was ready to go back in the bathroom.  
I have been wanting to buy a new laundry basket for this space for ages, its never been high on the priority list.  No need any more, I love the finished basket, and looks like I bought it in a high end homeware store.

To do yourself:

  • Simply tape an old basket or vase with blue tape (low tac masking tape)
  • Paint with Annie Sloan chalk paint, I used Old White
  • Top tip: put basket upside down so that you can paint the base easily
  • Ta da! You are done


Total time from inspiration to completion 1 hour


My lovely hubby made the incredible shelf mirror above the basin for me last week.  Its also painted with Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan (TM), then buffed with soft wax, giving it a lovely aged look.
A sprig of green vygie from my garden just finished it off.  Its now my favourite bathroom in the house.

This post was not sponsored, I was provided with Annie Sloan chalk paint to test out, but all opinions are as always my own.  Watch our for my next Annie Sloan make over which is taking a little longer but is going to be fabulous too.

No comments

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.