a fresh start ...plans for 2014

I believe in setting your intentions for the year, you need to know where you are heading.  
These are not resolutions, just the rough plan of achievements in 2014, a guide to measure progress against.

Looking back 2013 was a year for editing and storage and I was able to tick off:

  • playroom storage: still to share the final look with you (see the work in progress here)
  • entrance cupboard storage (see my ikea hack here)
  • pull out pants rack for the walk in robe (see the diy here)
  • garage storage: we hung lots of peg boards, high shelves for storage.  It looks great but is currently buried under a layer of sawdust as my hubby works on outdoor benches.
  • garden shed storage: a quick fix really, moved the bench we already had from the garage to the shed.  Not sure why it took us so long, it looks pretty and is the perfect storage place for seeds, garden food and treatments, and tools.  

2014 is going to be another year for editing

  • letting go of pieces of furniture that aren't working, 
  • building customised solutions to make our spaces work better, 
  • adding layers of design to rooms we have lived in for two years now.
The layering started with this new arrangement on the top of my Chinese dresser.  It had to move from the playroom to the entrance hall to make way for our new storage but was looking very out of place.  The hurricane lanterns and aloe, moved from other parts of the house make the space look layered and far more intentional (without buying a thing).  I am happy to keep it here a few months longer while we decide what to do with it.

In the short term I am planning:


Longer term plans:

  • living room storage 
  • credenza for my bedroom

It's a short list for now but we are always dreaming up new plans.

Blog plans:

Continue improving my photography. 
In November I did Holly Beckers wonderful ecourse Blog Your Way: Intention & Style which covers photography, editing and styling (highly recommend it), and Santa brought me a great tripod for my camera, so I have lots to practice.  I also want to do more pop up parties, flower arrangements and vignettes.  So much to look forward to.

I also plan to add some index tools to make it easier to navigate and find similar posts.  This is a big job which I am not sure I can do myself so it may take a few months.  

I loved working with Antonia of Ruby Slipper Floral Design and we are planning to work again together this year.  I am a huge fan of her work so I can't wait to see what we come up with. (see our last collaboration here)

One of my favourite posts last year the pop up party I threw in our hallway (bad weather forced us to move it from the garden.  It was fun to plan, made for great photo's, and made for a great evening with friends.  I definitely want to do more, next I am planning beach sundowners so watch this space.

If there is anything you would like to see let me know.  Coming up with ideas is often the hardest part, its always fun making those ideas come alive.

What are your plans for 2014?  Lets aim for the stars this year, but plan on enjoying the ride while we travel there.

2 comments

  1. Trudy - HOME etceteraJanuary 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM

    Hi Eva, Congratulations on a beautiful blog. I have just got myself lost in a number of posts. I noticed in your list of goals for this year you are planning to do an update in your girls' bedroom and are looking to source cushions and a cover for the bed in the playroom. I have an online shop - HOME etcetera withkids doona covers, quilts, quilt cover sets, bed linen and cushions. My website is http://homeetcetera.com.au Come on over and have a look. You will find a range of beautiful prints and patterns, traditional and modern, soft pastels, neutrals and bright bold colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like some fun plans for the year ahead - looking forward to following along! I will miss you at Alt this year!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.