farm kitchen plans

The heart of our new home will be the kitchen, central to the living spaces and with gorgeous views north and west.  What I can't show you is the green outside the windows - so much green.

This kitchen by Sarah Sherman Samuel is a huge inspiration.  Fresh, white, but not bland.

The layout is going to be very similar to the one we built previously.  We know we like the size, and the separate butlers pantry to hide all the mess when you are entertaining.  
I always wanted to improve the wall behind the stove, this time we are adding the shelf to either side of the extractor hood, and wrapping the wall with texture, cladding above, stone below.

I can't decide about the stone on the island yet, should it be white or stone again?  Trying not to let questions like these keep me up at night.  First world problems right.


The palette is very neutral, limestone floors and white cabinets.  We will be adding a touch of wood and brass to warm it up.  Hoping to have wood milled from our property to make the bench legs. 

Its a great base for adding colour with styling and objects, I can't wait to play with the shelf display, right now I am imagining shades of green and my Mud Australia bowls.  
More importantly, its going to be a great place to cook together, eat, laugh, entertain and enjoy life.

No comments

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.