little letters...to the veggie garden

Growing and eating our own produce has been incredibly satisfying.  It's pleasure to think 'I'll just go and get the herbs/spinach/tomato' take a few steps outside and pick what you need. 

Dear tomatoes you were fab.  We loved you all, every shape and colour.  Next year I will learn to trellis better and plant more of you.  I had no idea your fruit were so heavy.
Dear watermelon, you love I love watermelon (lalala)...you were a delight.
Dear passion fruit, you have put out lots of shoots but you were supposed to be bigger by now, grow faster!
Dear spinach you are a star.  You grow and grow and we can never eat you all.
Dear zucchini you were a flop.  You got mouldy and your fruit fell off, you are not invited back next season.
Dear strawberries thanks for trying.  Next year we will try let your fruit ripen before Miss J eats it.
Dear rainbow chard you win the prize for prettiness and hardiness, tasty too.  Welcome to the all star list.

We are still getting a few last tomatoes and watermelon but its time to plan the winter veggies.
Miss J visits the watermelon plant several times a day to point out "tiny" and "fatty", her names not mine.  I think she is going to enjoy seeing pumpkins growing.

Let me know if you have any recommendations, and please feel free to add little letters of your own.


5 comments

  1. Your watermelon is divine, what a treat! You have definitely inspired me to be a little more enthusiastic with my garden next summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky to be enjoying fresh veggies right now! I'm sitting here, surrounded by snow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are good things to do in the snow too. Tricia I totally adore your blog, your photography and home are both very inspiring.

      Delete
  3. ha ha!!! You're quite fruity talking to your veg like that :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.