easy entertaining...an informal outdoor table

I love entertaining and am always looking for ways to make the house and table look pretty without hours of preparation.  I love this simple setting we did for a fathers day brunch this year.  I filled three black glasses (empty candle holders) with sprigs of succulents from the garden.  A bunch of bright yellow ranunculus provided plenty of colour split between the three vessels.



The wooden box is cutlery tray holding cutlery and serviettes so that people can help themselves.  
Stacking the black plates in a pile looks lovely and informal and means people can sit where they please.  

It really was simple, cost me the price of a single bunch of flowers, and was quick to put together.  Prep over we had plenty of time to just enjoy having people over to share a meal.  Too easy...

No comments

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.