country cottage inspiration...details

So I am obviously a little consumed with country cottages and how to furnish them.  Chateau Fibro, as a dear friend has christened it, is an ugly duckling right now, but I dream of it being as pretty as these spaces.  Hmmm it seems a white painted floor my be somewhere in my future, with spaces pared back to minimal furnishings, and a small colour palette.  I love the white on white and black on white, not sure I can carry it off though, I will have to have some colour.



My challenge is going to be in the editing, keeping it simple, practical but still beautiful.  Well once I have seen the ugly duckling for myself I will know how we are going to go forward.  

Lighting details: Industrial lamp from Tudo & Coburlap lamp shadesManor range from Beacon Lighting

Images from top:  Dining room on Vintage Piken, a new favourite blog find that is well worth a visit; detail of an ikea hack dresser via Apartment Therapy, basket of silver coin eucalyptus and living room with fire both via Kara Rosenlund (and you know how I love her work).

No comments

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.